Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Wage Basis: Annual base wage
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week or as needed, potential for After-Hours/On-Call hours
Position Location: Virtual Home Office, Client Sites
enPower Technology Solutions (“enPower”) Systems Engineers are the backbone of our project team. enPower Systems Engineers design, configure, implement, monitor, and manage internal and client IT infrastructure. Systems Engineers work closely with Client Technology Managers and Technical Support Engineers to ensure the needs and expectations of both existing and new clients are met completely and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve and maintain a full understanding of enPower’s technology solutions and service offerings.
- Achieve and maintain a working knowledge of current technology and technology standards.
- Monitor, maintain and upgrade existing client IT infrastructures, including but not limited to, security appliances, network switching, wireless systems, servers, compute and print devices, and cabling.
- Design, configure and implement new IT infrastructures, including but not limited to, security appliances, network switching, wireless systems, servers, compute and print devices, and cabling.
- Work directly with vendors as needed to design, maintain, and improve IT infrastructures.
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies.
- Remediate technical support issues that have been escalated from the Tech Support Desk.
- Dispatch to client sites for project work, to remediate technical issues, install equipment and/or perform maintenance as needed.
- Assist Technical Support Engineers as needed to provide coverage of the Tech Support Desk. While operating the Tech Support Desk, enPower Engineers:
- Monitor and address client issues submitted via Tech Support email, phone, chat, and ticketing systems.
- Assist clients remotely with technical issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues utilizing remote tools.
- Talk clients through a series of actions to resolve technical issues.
- Work with vendors as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Install and configure software/updates as needed.
- Provide regular updates to clients on technical issues requiring longer-term solutions/monitoring.
- Schedule for onsite remediation as needed.
- Update ticketing system as necessary and maintain accurate notes/documentation pertaining to all technical issues.
- Develop step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Assist with new application rollouts and upgrades.
- Follow established processes and procedures; Review/revise/update and/or create processes and procedures as requested or needed.
- Utilize enPower ticketing/tracking systems to document client information, project/service requests, sales opportunities and to otherwise facilitate internal workflows.
- Follow relevant technology resources in order to stay apprised of industry trends, threats, protocols, and updates.
- Cover After-Hours support on a rotating basis.
- Participate in regular team meetings and activities.
- Participate in enPower’s Continuing Education Program in a manner benefiting the position.
- Participate and contribute to enPower’s team, community, and philanthropic activities.
- Participate and contribute to educational and other endeavors tying to enPower’s purpose: Building Engaged Communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Certifications Required
- 3-4 year minimum of network support, including support of security appliances, network switching, wireless systems, servers, and compute and print devices.
- High level understanding and experience in the design and maintenance of IT networks and infrastructures.
- High level understanding and experience in IT security a plus.
- Proficient in the use of online and remote-connecting software, ticketing systems, backup and recovery systems, security platforms and Microsoft products.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with proven efficiencies.
- Ability to work independently and/or with limited supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of technology/industry trends.
- Understanding of and experience working with multiple hardware and software platforms and vendors a plus.
Core Values and Principles
All enPower employees are expected to uphold enPower’s Vision and Core Values, to perform tasks with integrity and honesty, to serve Clients and others by working to improve upon ideas and offerings, to take initiative in personal and company growth and to lead by example.
- Must have ability to work in a virtual office setting.
- Must have reliable Internet and cell service.
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of valid auto liability insurance.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
enPower is based on a virtual office model. This means that generally work is performed from the employee’s home office, with environmental conditions set to individual preference. A large portion of a Technical Support Engineer’s work is conducted at a computer or telephone, with extended periods of sitting or standing. The nature of this work is that it has frequent interruptions, contact with the public and clients, performance of repetitive tasks and requires strong communication abilities. Occasional travel is required with the potential of working beyond normal business hours.
This position requires the ability to sit or stand up to 7.5 hours or more at a time and sufficient auditory and visual acuity such as needed to interact with others in person, via telephone, computer, or web meeting. In addition, this position will travel frequently and the person in this position may need to transport/install equipment weighing in excess of 30 pounds, with assistance as needed.
Benefits for this position include:
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Monthly cell phone stipend.
- Monthly internet stipend.
- Basic technology equipment necessary to perform required duties.
The above is intended to outline the general functions, objectives and responsibilities of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Additionally, this position may evolve as enPower evolves to include or remove duties as applicable.
enPower Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.